Friday 27 December 2013

Sea creatures? Or plastic?


(Preston, 2012)

After completing my last post on plastic pollution, I found some really clever photographs that I would like to share with you. Taken by the photographer Kim Preston, they show everyday plastic objects floating in the ocean but arranged so they appear like the sea life they are killing. 



(Preston, 2012)
They form part of a series called Plastic Pacific that aims to bring attention to how our disposal of plastic is impacting marine life. In my opinion, it is an extremely clever and effective approach to informing the grossly unaware public about the plastic problem. Their presence is strangely serene and makes the ocean appear lifeless; I just want to dive in and pull them out! 

(Preston, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment